President Arif Alvi rules out repealing 18th amendment
ISLAMABAD - President Arif Alvi has denied any possibility to roll back the 18th Constitutional Amendment, at a time when a discussion is ongoing to overturn it.
The president made the comments in an interview to a private news channel, ruling out the possibility of revoking the amendment that helped devolution to take effect between the federal government and provinces.
President Alvi also negated any possibility of change in foreign policy towards Israel adding that Pakistan enjoys friendly ties with Iran and Turkey.
On a question regarding the recent visit of premier Imran Khan to Saudi Arabia, the president highlighted that the country has benefited from the visit.
'The Saudi package entails oil supply on deferred payments and ease in the balance of payment. Saudi interest in setting up an oil refinery and mineral exploration in Reko Diq is another vital outcome of the premier’s visit,' he added.
Responding to a question about the National Action Plan, the president lavished praise on the armed forces for stabilising the security situation of the country especially Karachi.
The president also deplored the ongoing atrocities against innocent Kashmiris in the Indian-occupied Kashmir (IoK).
- FM Qureshi inaugurates new Pakistan embassy building in Doha11:23 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- PSL 2020 – Match 11: Peshawar Zalmi beat Lahore Qalandars by 16 runs11:13 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- At least 30 dead, dozens injured in Rohri train crash11:07 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UN alarmed after ongoing anti-Muslim violence leaves 42 dead in India10:54 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Fracture rules Bismah Maroof out of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 202010:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Canada will no longer pay for Harry and Meghan's security03:56 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Here's what Navin Waqar does to stay fit03:36 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Scientists think they know how stress causes grey hair03:04 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019