Opposition senators table resolution against Chairman Senate
ISLAMABAD - Opposition senators have submitted a resolution against Chairman Senate Sadiq Sanjrani by bringing a no-confidence motion against him on Tuesday.
Yesterday (Monday), Opposition Leader in the Senate and Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) senior politician Raja Zafarul Haq and National Party’s (NP) Hasil Bizenjo held a meeting to bring a no-confidence motion against the Senate chairman.
Talking to media after the meeting, both politicians stated that the Rehbar Committee, in its next meeting on July 11, would decide about its joint nominee from the opposition for the Senate chairmanship as the 11-member opposition's anti-government Rehbar Committee had already announced consensus to remove the chairman Senate.
According to media reports, PML-N senators Raja Zafarul Haq, Musadiq Malik, and another two names were under consideration for the position.
The resolution to de-seat the Senate chairman requires signature of 26 senators.
The recently formed Rehbar Committee is made up of nine opposition parties.
- PM Imran congratulates Sri Lankan counterpart Rajapaksa over election ...11:30 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan to resume international flight operations at all airports ...10:57 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- NAB rejects allegations of striking plea bargain deal with 2 army ...09:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- At least 11 dead as Air India passenger plan skids off runway, splits ...09:10 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- What do you know about Ravi Riverfront Urban Development Project?08:36 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- A sneak peek inside Selena Gomez's HBO cooking show05:38 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- John Wick 5 announced, to film back-to-back with 4th installment05:14 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Ever since I was a child I’ve had a sleeping issue: Mahira Khan04:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020