Opposition senators table resolution against Chairman Senate
Yesterday (Monday), Opposition Leader in the Senate and Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) senior politician Raja Zafarul Haq and National Party’s (NP) Hasil Bizenjo held a meeting to bring a no-confidence motion against the Senate chairman.
Talking to media after the meeting, both politicians stated that the Rehbar Committee, in its next meeting on July 11, would decide about its joint nominee from the opposition for the Senate chairmanship as the 11-member opposition's anti-government Rehbar Committee had already announced consensus to remove the chairman Senate.
According to media reports, PML-N senators Raja Zafarul Haq, Musadiq Malik, and another two names were under consideration for the position.
The resolution to de-seat the Senate chairman requires signature of 26 senators.
The recently formed Rehbar Committee is made up of nine opposition parties.
- Pakistan, India face off in first Olympic event final in 53 years11:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Travellers vaccinated with Sinopharm, Sinovac allowed to enter Saudi ...11:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- INS Vikrant: India's first indigenous aircraft carrier begins sea ...10:40 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Abdul Qayyum Niazi: Who is the new PM of Azad Jammu & Kashmir?10:12 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Wife accuses Yo Yo Honey Singh of domestic violence05:34 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Aima Baig dances her heart out on sister’s mayoun (VIDEO)04:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Mahira Khan leaves fans thrilled with first teaser of ‘Prince ...04:01 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021