Opposition senators table resolution against Chairman Senate
ISLAMABAD - Opposition senators have submitted a resolution against Chairman Senate Sadiq Sanjrani by bringing a no-confidence motion against him on Tuesday.
Yesterday (Monday), Opposition Leader in the Senate and Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) senior politician Raja Zafarul Haq and National Party’s (NP) Hasil Bizenjo held a meeting to bring a no-confidence motion against the Senate chairman.
Talking to media after the meeting, both politicians stated that the Rehbar Committee, in its next meeting on July 11, would decide about its joint nominee from the opposition for the Senate chairmanship as the 11-member opposition 's anti-government Rehbar Committee had already announced consensus to remove the chairman Senate.
According to media reports, PML-N senators Raja Zafarul Haq, Musadiq Malik, and another two names were under consideration for the position.
The resolution to de-seat the Senate chairman requires signature of 26 senators.
The recently formed Rehbar Committee is made up of nine opposition parties.
- Rangers troops deployed in Lahore after lawyers ransack hospital11:30 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran becomes world's fifth most influential leader on Twitter in ...10:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Dozens arrested in crackdown after lawyers storm PIC Lahore08:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Key officials from Russia, Britain meet Pakistan's army chief07:19 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Beyoncé & Kelly Rowland were sexually harassed as teens by Jagged ...06:57 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Ed Sheeran declared as the UK’s artist of the decade06:26 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Mere Paas Tum Ho scores more IMDB rating than Game of Thrones02:23 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019