Caretaker CM Punjab Hassan Askari promises brief, non-political cabinet
Talking to newsmen outside the mausoleum of Allama Muhammad Iqbal, the recently appointed chief minster expressed that it was the responsibility of interim machinery to conduct transparent elections for which he would comply with the framework of Election Commission of Pakistan.
'I did not have any political agenda before or after assuming the office,' assured Askari.
He continued that peace was vital to the holding of upcoming elections, assuring that a level-playing field will be provided to the political forces.
To a query about one of his articles, in which he had advocated delaying the elections, Askari shared that he had been writing for over 40 years and did not side with any political force.
When asked whether he would continue to appear on the TV screen as an analyst, Askari replied in the negative.
The interim chief minister was also asked about reshuffling in the bureaucracy in the province, to which he replied that every regime brings in few changes.
The scholar expressed that the apprehensions shown by his critics would die down after the caretaker set up performs its duties.
Earlier, the caretaker chief minister offered prayers at the mausoleum of the poet of the East and laid floral wreaths.
- Pakistan reduces import of Ozone depleting substances to 50pc11:52 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Opposition announces Pakistan Democratic Movement against ...11:34 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Khobragade's posting at Indian HC incommensurate with Pakistan's ...11:21 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make it to the list of Time’s 100 most ...01:14 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Keanu Reeves reveals that The Matrix 4 is to be a Love Story01:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020