Operational preparedness only for peace: army chief Raheel Sharif
He was addressing a ceremony held in Lahore Monday to commemorate infantry division's raising 100 years ago during World War-1.
He underscored the need for a robust conflict resolution mechanism, the absence of which, according to him, led to a devastating war 100 years ago.
The army chief also highlighted the importance of deterrence and need for operational preparedness for peace.
- China announces 'over 6%' economic growth target, tech plans02:44 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Biden picks another Pakistani-American for key role02:30 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021