Politics always hinder execution of new dams: Kh Asif
Talking to the media persons in Lahore on Monday, he said under this plan several small and big water reservoirs will be built after consensus with all stakeholders.
He said 100 billion rupees has been approved for the land acquisition of Diamer-Bhasha Dam. Most of the land has been acquired and this project in which international partners have shown interest will be completed.
“There are no arrangements to deal with the water crisis which will emerge in a few years,” Asif said. He further said that the water crisis was a global issue.
Khawaja Asif added that the power shortage would be controlled in three years but the water shortrage is a long-term issue and could not be resolved in a few years.
The Minister pointed out that water shortage is a major issue faced by the country and we have to conserve it for our survival.
He said the network of drip irrigation system will be expanded in order to conserve the water.
To a question, the Minister said Pakistan wants to resolve water issues with India. We will contest our case at the appropriate forum if India encroached upon our water rights.
Earlier addressing a function, Khawaja Asif said electricity shortages will be overcome in the next three years.
He pointed out the country is facing power shortage due to the negligence of previous governments.
- Snow leopard rescued after falling from cliff in Chitral08:29 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Saudi Arabia, Pakistan to promote cooperation in Customs, Tax fields08:00 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- PSL 2021, Match 10 – Islamabad United bat first against Peshawar ...07:24 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- “Work together or come have more tea,” Asad Umar to India on ...06:22 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- 'Chaar Darkht' – Ali Gul Pir trolls India in #FantasticTeaDay video05:14 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Agha Ali advises Alizeh Shah to be more concerned about her acting ...03:45 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Khel Khel Mein – Sajal Aly and Bilal Abbas team up for first time ...02:14 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021