Colonel Mujeebur Rehman embraces martyrdom as Pak Army foils terrorist attack in DI Khan: ISPR
RAWALPINDI - Pakistan Army officer, Colonel Mujeebur Rehman embraced martyrdom on Monday as security forces foiled a terrorist attack in Dera Ismail Khan.
Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said in a statement that martyred officer was a resident of Bunji in District Astore of Gilgit Baltistan. He is survived by a widow, three sons and a daughter.
According to the ISPR, the operation conducted on confirmed intelligence against terrorists who were hiding out near Tank area of DI Khan.
The terrorists opened fire as soon as troops cordoned the area. During operation, two terrorists were killed. In an intense exchange of fire, Colonel Mujeebur Rehman embraced martyrdom," the ISPR said.
The ISPR added that a large cache of arms and ammunition were recovered from terrorist hideout during the operation.
The Pakistan Army has cordoned off the entire area for the further search operation.
- Pakistan's squash legend Azam Khan dies of coronavirus12:49 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- COVID19: Pakistan confirms 13 deaths; Coronavirus cases jump to 1,52612:30 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- N Korea test fires two short-range ballistic missiles11:38 AM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Coronavirus infection cases reach 1,495 in Pakistan11:16 AM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Baby Doll singer Kanika Kapoor tested positive for coronavirus03:40 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Michael Jackson ‘predicted’ coronavirus-like pandemic: Ex ...03:28 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Maya Ali is distributing ration bags among needy over Coronavirus ...03:16 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019