Imran Khan's Islamabad residence declared 'illegal'; Section-144 imposed in Bani Gala
According to CDA report, which also mentions 122 other properties, the structures in Zone-III and Zone-IV were constructed illegally.
The federal government has also imposed Section 144 as it is likely to launch a grand operation against encroachments in the Bani Gala's area of the capital city, Dunya News reported.
Last month, Chief Justice of Pakistan Mian Saqib Nisar had issued a notice to Capital Development Authority’s after receiving an application from the PTI chief. Imran Khan had maintained that CDA failed to prevent encroachments and massive cutting of trees in Bani Gala.
On March 20, the court issued notice to the authority and sought a report within 10 days.
The PTI chief wrote a letter to the apex court in order to draw the court’s attention towards the plight of the area where “the encroachers, land mafias and anarchic builders who are together turning Bani Gala into a concrete jungle”.
More updates to follow...
- Money laundering – UK court orders extradition of Abraaj founder ...07:56 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Reducing unfair means in recruitment: Case of Police in Pakistan07:20 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- #PAKvSA – South Africa lead by 29 runs at stumps on 3rd day of 1st ...06:12 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021