Imran Khan's Islamabad residence declared 'illegal'; Section-144 imposed in Bani Gala
According to CDA report, which also mentions 122 other properties, the structures in Zone-III and Zone-IV were constructed illegally.
The federal government has also imposed Section 144 as it is likely to launch a grand operation against encroachments in the Bani Gala's area of the capital city, Dunya News reported.
Last month, Chief Justice of Pakistan Mian Saqib Nisar had issued a notice to Capital Development Authority’s after receiving an application from the PTI chief. Imran Khan had maintained that CDA failed to prevent encroachments and massive cutting of trees in Bani Gala.
On March 20, the court issued notice to the authority and sought a report within 10 days.
The PTI chief wrote a letter to the apex court in order to draw the court’s attention towards the plight of the area where “the encroachers, land mafias and anarchic builders who are together turning Bani Gala into a concrete jungle”.
More updates to follow...
- Emirates announces first annual loss in 30 years11:59 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan allows AstraZeneca shots for expats under 4010:04 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Two injured as PTI, PML-N lawmakers toss copies of budget book at ...09:27 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Feroze Khan opens up about second marriage04:07 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat wants the Muslim misrepresentation in movies to change05:10 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Lost Cause - Alizeh Shah is a Billie Eilish fan girl03:21 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021