'Money laundering to India': NAB clarifies probe against Nawaz Sharif based on media reports
The anti-corruption watchdog on Tuesday ordered an inquiry against the former PM and others for allegedly laundering $4.9 billion to India.
According to a NAB statement, the chairman of the bureau took notice of media report which built up the money laundering claims citing a World Bank report.
NAB launches inquiry into allegations against ... 03:23 PM | 8 May, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The chairman of National Accountability Bureau, Justice (r) Javaid Iqbal has ordered to verify the ...
"NAB rejects the impression that its objective was victimization or hurting someone," said the statement issued by the anti-graft body.
“The bureau does not believe in taking revenge, but it is determined to eliminate corruption from the country without discrimination,” the stament added.
World bank Refutes Claims
The World Bank rubbished the claims ascertained to the monetary institute by the anti-corruption body, terming them false.
“In the past day, there have been media reports citing the World Bank’s Remittances and Migration Report of 2016. These media reports were incorrect,” read a press release issued by the bank.
World Bank quashes reports of money laundering by ... 09:16 AM | 9 May, 2018
ISLAMABAD – After the anti-graft watchdog taking notice of media reports announced to investigate alleged money ...
“The World Bank’s Remittances and Migration Report is an effort by the World Bank to estimate migration and remittances numbers across the world. The report does not include any mention of money laundering nor does it name any individuals,” it added.
NAB's probe amounts to 'pre-poll rigging'
Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi asserted earlier today that NAB's recent decision to launch a money-laundering probe against Nawaz amounts to "pre-poll rigging".
While speaking in the National Assembly, the premier remarked that a serious allegation has been leveled against the former prime minister.
The premier in his rare outburst alleged that the institution had overstepped its domain adding that the country will not function if the institutions will work in this fashion.
PM Abbasi proposes summoning NAB chief over ... 02:17 PM | 9 May, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Taking a strong exception to the inquiry against Nawaz Sharif regarding the 'baseless' allegations of money ...
“It is our right and obligation to discuss such issues in the Parliament. The truth should be brought out before the people,” he declared.
Abbasi also pointed out that the National Assembly still has time to amend the NAB laws.
He also mentioned the graft-cases currently being heard by the accountability court in Islamabad, saying they (PML-N) was not expecting justice.
- US envoy calls on PM Shehbaz, reaffirms commitment to strengthen ...09:53 PM | 1 Jul, 2022
- World's highest polo festival kicks off in Pakistan's Shandur09:16 PM | 1 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan, India exchange lists of prisoners, fishermen08:15 PM | 1 Jul, 2022
- Maya Ali faces backlash for wearing revealing dress05:10 PM | 1 Jul, 2022
- Ramsha Khan sparks outrage for praising Ahad Raza Mir07:00 PM | 1 Jul, 2022
- SidNaaz fans left teary-eyed with Shehnaaz Gill’s throwback video06:40 PM | 1 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022