One killed, 4 injured in North Waziristan blast
According to district administration, the blast occurred in Edak village of Mir Ali Tehsil while the explosive material was planted in a motorbike.
Injured persons have been shifted to hospitals in Miran Shah and Bannu. Authorities have launched an investigation into the matter.
No group has so far claimed responsibility for the attack.
North Waziristan is the northern part of Waziristan, a mountainous region of northwest Pakistan, bordering Afghanistan and covering 11,585 square.
In August, a security official had been martyred and three others injured after a landmine went off in an area of North Waziristan on Thursday.
The blast took place in Datta Khel leaving a personnel of Frontier Corps dead and three others injured who have been shifted to the Datta Khel Camp hospital for treatment.
The officer martyred in the blast was identified as Ahmed Khan; the injured were identified as Mudassir, Aleem and Akram.
In April, a security official died and three others injured when a bomb disposal unit of Pakistan Army was targeted by an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) in North Waziristan.
- ‘Ghabrana Nahi Hai’ – Kashif Zameer reassures Pakistanis of ...11:49 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan’s NSA rejects claims of back-channel diplomacy with India ...11:17 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Birthday of Islamic caliph Ali Ibn Abi Talib tomorrow10:00 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan to remain on FATF's grey list till June 202109:44 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Ali Xeeshan and wife Myra welcome first baby06:36 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Yasir Hussain opens up about his remarks on Nausheen Shah08:24 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021