One killed, 4 injured in North Waziristan blast
BANNU - At least one person was killed and four others injured in a bomb blast in North Waziristan on Friday, local media reported.
According to district administration, the blast occurred in Edak village of Mir Ali Tehsil while the explosive material was planted in a motorbike.
Injured persons have been shifted to hospitals in Miran Shah and Bannu. Authorities have launched an investigation into the matter.
No group has so far claimed responsibility for the attack.
North Waziristan is the northern part of Waziristan, a mountainous region of northwest Pakistan, bordering Afghanistan and covering 11,585 square.
In August, a security official had been martyred and three others injured after a landmine went off in an area of North Waziristan on Thursday.
The blast took place in Datta Khel leaving a personnel of Frontier Corps dead and three others injured who have been shifted to the Datta Khel Camp hospital for treatment.
The officer martyred in the blast was identified as Ahmed Khan; the injured were identified as Mudassir, Aleem and Akram.
In April, a security official died and three others injured when a bomb disposal unit of Pakistan Army was targeted by an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) in North Waziristan.
- Carrefour Pakistan supports 50 deserving families in Lahore07:10 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Deal of the Century? Palestine rejects Trump's proposed Middle East ...06:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- No Pakistani residing in China affected by coronavirus, says top envoy06:39 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan students in China demand government to evacuate them at once05:54 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Woman killed, five injured after being hit by US Embassy vehicle05:45 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Khalil ur Rehman's Meray Paas tum Ho trends worldwide on Twitter12:47 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bambi is next up for Disney ‘Live-Action’ remake12:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Here’s everything that happened at the 4th Hum Style Awards12:25 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019