Pakistan may stop dialogue if US upholds its old mantra to 'do more': sources
LAHORE - Amid their likely visit to Pakistan this month, top US officials will hold dialogue with Islamabad in an offer to remove Pakistan's reservations on Trump's new approach for the war-torn Afghanistan.
However, a well-informed source disclosed that the dialogue will be held on the 'basis of equality' and that Pakistan may stop the dialogue if the US authorities proceeded with their old mantra to 'do more,' the Daily Express reported here on Monday.
A source said the visits expect to expel the present strain between the two nations and the resulting talks will examine part of Pakistan in setting up peace in Afghanistan, Islamabad's reservations on Trump's Afghan policy, mutual cooperation for eradication of terrorism and the regional situation.
In these meetings, Washington guaranteed Islamabad that it will expel its reservations on the new Afghan approach through 'dialogue.' The US authorities additionally approved talks with Pakistan on all issues.
Pakistan no longer dependent on US for military ... 02:58 PM | 9 Oct, 2017
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi has said Pakistan did not require to depend on the US anymore for ...
- I take a break whenever the noise in my head reaches its peak: Zaira ...11:27 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan summons senior Indian envoy over expulsion of 2 officials on ...11:21 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Students of grade 1-12 will be promoted without taking exams: Sindh ...10:52 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 72,460 cases of coronavirus – 1,5 43 confirmed ...10:10 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan has cheapest fuel cost in South Asia, says PM Iman11:56 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Shahroz Sabzwari, Sadaf Kanwal tie the knot amid COVID-1908:09 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Raising a daughter is a huge responsibility: Humaima Malick05:08 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020