Govt restores risk allowance of Islamabad doctors
The Secretary health has sent a report to authorities concerned in this regard and risk allowance would be restored till 9pm.
Earlier, protests of doctors and paramedical staff of public hospitals of Islamabad continued for the second consecutive day on Wednesday against cancelation of risk allowance.
The doctors have vowed to continue their sit-in at NADRA Crossing until their demand for resuming the allowance is accepted by the government.
On Tuesday, ugly scenes were seen at Nadra Crossing, where a clash between police and protesters left 25 doctors, nurses, paramedical and non-medical staff injured.
Police have arrested 15 protesting doctors.
However, the emergencies of all federal government hospitals have been opened after the successful negotiations between government and doctors.
Earlier, the Joint Action Committee (JAC) of doctors gave a 48-hour ultimatum to the government for acceptance of its demand for restoration of the health risk allowance.
- Nadal downs Djokovic to clinch record-extending 10th Italian Open ...11:50 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Pakistanis above 30 asked to get vaccinated as soon as possible11:29 PM | 16 May, 2021
- India reports 4,077 new Covid deaths as UP police try to keep sacred ...10:47 PM | 16 May, 2021
- OIC resolution calls upon Israel to stop rights violations, terrorism ...09:52 PM | 16 May, 2021
- PIA plane carrying 1 million doses of Sinovac vaccine lands in ...08:49 PM | 16 May, 2021
- ‘New beginnings’ – Ghana Ali all set to tie the knot01:19 PM | 16 May, 2021
- MD Glam on why women should say no to skincare products made from ...10:01 AM | 16 May, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 9 million Insta followers in style10:06 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021