PTI invites ex-Indian cricketers to attend Imran Khan's oath-taking ceremony
Chairman PTI Imran Khan will take the oath from President of Pakistan Mamnoon Hussain at the President’s House on August 18, after being elected the new prime minister of the country by the National Assembly.
Talking to media outside Bani Gala in Islamabad, PTI Senator Faisal Javed confirmed ex-Indian cricketers Kapil Dev, Navjot Singh Sidhu and Sunil Gavaskar were contacted through phone and invited to attend the oath-taking event.
Cricket legends from India and Kaptaan's old friends Kapil Dev, Sidhu and Sunil Gavaskar have been invited to attend Oath Taking Ceremony of Pakistan's PM Imran Khan @sherryontopp @therealkapildev @36notout— Faisal Javed Khan (@FaisalJavedKhan) August 10, 2018
He said members of the Pakistan team that won the World Cup 1992 were also sent invitations in this regard.
Imran Khan, who had begun his career as a professional cricketer and earned a great name as a Test and One-day International player, has invited not only the former cricketers of his playing days from India but he also remembered on this occasion the members of the Pakistan cricket team which had won the cricket World Cup under his captaincy in 1992.
These players include Javed Miandad, Wasim Akram, Rameez Raja, Inzamam-ul-Haq, Mushtaq Ahmed, Moin Khan and Aaqib Javed, who played the World Cup final at Melbourne, Australia.
However, no foreign dignitaries will be invited to the ceremony.
President Mamnoon Hussain has summoned a session of the National Assembly on August 13 during which newly-elected members will take the oath of their office. Elections for the speaker, deputy speaker and the leader of the House will take place after the MNAs-elect take the oath.
Earlier today, sources said that President Mamnoon Hussain has decided to postpone his foreign trip in order to administer the oath to the next prime minister.
President Mamnoon was scheduled to visit Edinburgh from August 16 to August 19.
“The president will now embark on his trip after the oath-taking ceremony,” sources said.
- Biden picks two Kashmiri-American women for top positions at White ...10:13 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Another Gomal University professor dismissed over sexual harassment09:59 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- China to launch its first solar probe in 202209:42 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Ex-judge to head Pakistan probe into Broadsheet case09:21 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Celebs call out 'elite aunties' of Cannoli for demeaning their café ...08:45 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Bollywood remembers Sushant Singh Rajput on birth anniversary05:21 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Wedding festivities kick in for Bakhtawar-Mahmood as groom lands in ...04:36 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Netflix crosses 200 million subscribers06:39 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021