Indian troops martyr 5 Kashmiris in Kulgam district
According to Kashmir Media Service (KMS), the Indian forces killed the youth during a cordon and search operation in the Kellam area of the district.
The troops also destroyed a house during the ongoing operation, triggering widespread protests.
Dozens of people were injured when troops fired shotgun pellets and tear gas at protesters in Kellam village of Kulgam district. The injured were shifted to Kulgam district hospital for treatment.
They were protesting against the operation and subsequent killing of the youth by the Indian forces in the area.
The authorities suspended mobile phone and Internet services in the district. Train services have also been suspended in South Kashmir.
The clashes were going on when the report was filed.
- PM Imran Khan launches Nandana Fort as heritage site tomorrow11:59 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Karachi man who orchestrated 'revenge rape' attack detained10:42 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- PSL 2021, Match 10 – Peshawar Zalmi beat Islamabad United by 6 ...10:16 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Bilal Saeed's 'Baari' crosses 100 million views milestone on Youtube08:56 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- 'Chaar Darkht' – Ali Gul Pir trolls India in #FantasticTeaDay video05:14 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021