Ongoing criticism won't lead to dishonesty, says CJP Saqib Nisar
Hearing a case pertaining to the disqualification of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf leaders Imran Khan and Jahangir Tareen, the CJP remarked that their (judges) restraint and patience should be appreciated.
Though the CJP did not name anyone, however, the stated that whatever has been said outside the court was not appreciated.
SC judges' grudge casts a shadow on Panamagate ... 11:21 AM | 8 Nov, 2017
ISLAMABAD - Referring to the verdict of the Supreme Court in a review petition against Panamagate verdict, deposed ...
The comments came days after the former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif alleged that the judges of the court "hate" him.
"The hatred, anger, and words of the judges will constitute dark history," he had said after the accountability court rejected his petition to club the three references.
Disqualification Case Hearing
The three-judge bench headed by CJP resumed hearing of the disqualification case against PTI chief Imran Khan and Secretary General Jahangir Tareen.
The bench did not entertain the petitioner’s plea to summon the records of Imran Khan’s 1997 nomination papers.
Akram Sheikh, counsel for Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz (PML-N) leader Hanif Abbasi, argued Khan has admitted that he contested the 1997 elections, which makes it his responsibility to submit his nomination papers for that year.
The bench, however, clarified that it was the responsibility of the petitioner to submit undisputed documents for disqualification of any candidate under Article 184 (3) of the constitution.
The hearing was then adjourned till November 14.
- Pakistani women should have right to decide when to have children: ...08:10 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Tera Jism Meri Marzi – Ali Gul Pir and Eva B collaborate for ...07:40 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Police shot dead student coming to Peshawar for test07:14 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Hamza Ali Abbasi just finished the first draft of his book on God05:04 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021