Pakistan extends invitation to Manmohan Singh for Kartarpur Corridor inauguration
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan has officially extended an invitation to the former prime minister of India, Manmohan Singh to attend the inauguration of 'Kartarpur Corridor' which is going to be held on the occasion of 550th Birth Anniversary of Baba Guru Nanak.
In a weekly briefing, foreign office spokesman, Dr Faisal said that decisions regarding extending invitations to others have not been made yet.
کرتار پور راہداری پر ترقیاتی کام جاری ہے.
کرتار پور راہداری پر ترقیاتی کام جاری ہے.Posted by Radio Pakistan News on Wednesday, October 9, 2019
Talking to Radio Pakistan, US-based Sikh businessman Jatindar Singh Randhawa appreciated Pakistani government for protecting and preserving the old structure of the shrine at Kartarpur while undertaking construction and expansion work.
He said about one million Sikhs live in the United States and they all are very happy over the initiative taken by Prime Minister Imran Khan.
He said a number of people from the United States are planning to visit Kartarpur on the opening day of the corridor.
Kartarpur Corridor's inaugural ceremony is planned for November 9. The premier laid the foundation stone in November last year after he took charge of the office. India's cricketer-turned-politician Navjot Singh Sidhu and other officials had attended the ceremony.
- Malik Riaz refutes allegations leveled against him in Uzma Khan ...02:01 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Islamabad makes wearing face masks mandatory in all public places12:31 PM | 31 May, 2020
- NDMA activates another two separate hotlines to counter locust, ...11:27 AM | 31 May, 2020
- At least 7 killed, 30 injured after Multan-bound bus overturns near ...10:31 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020