Dar restores medic's health risk allowance
The Finance Minister assured the delegation that all of their genuine demands would be accorded due consideration. Both sides agreed to hold a meeting on Saturday to have detailed deliberations on the demands of the Joint Action Committee.
Earlier, protests of doctors and paramedical staff of public hospitals of Islamabad continued for the third consecutive day on Thursday against cancellation of risk allowance.
On Tuesday, ugly scenes were seen at Nadra Crossing, where a clash between police and protesters left 25 doctors, nurses, paramedical and non-medical staff injured.
Police had arrested 15 protesting doctors.
However, the emergencies of all federal government hospitals have been opened after the successful negotiations between government and doctors.
The Joint Action Committee (JAC) of doctors had given a 48-hour ultimatum to the government for acceptance of its demand for restoration of the health risk allowance.
- Pakistan registers 3,785 new Covid-19 cases, 118 deaths in 24 hours09:12 AM | 9 May, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 09 May 202108:59 AM | 9 May, 2021
- A successful story of young Emirati chef - Ahmed Darweesh01:16 AM | 9 May, 2021
- PM Imran and Pakistani delegation pay respects at Masjid-e-Nabwi12:00 AM | 9 May, 2021
- Javeria Abbasi recalls how she broke 12 bones in an accident (VIDEO)05:03 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Here's what Hina Altaf said about Aagha Ali before marriage (VIDEO)05:41 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021