Pakistan stand at 7th spot in ICC T20 rankings; Virat Kohli tops the batsmen list
DUBAI - India's star batsman Virat Kohli maintains his number one position in the ICC T20 batsmen rankings, while West Indies’ big man Chris Gayle has dropped to number 10.
Pakistan’s batsmen Umer Akmal and Ahmad Shahzad stand at number 22 and 27 respectively. Middle order batsman Muhammad Hafeez has maintained 35th position; while young opening batsman Sharjeel Khan has moved up to secure 37st spot, riding on his 59 runs during the only T20 match against the England in Manchester, UK.
Former T20 captain Shahid Afridi has dropped down to 46th position, one spot down to Shoaib Malik.
As a team, New Zealand lead the table with 132 points. Two-time ICC World Twenty20 champion West Indies, which was six points behind second-placed India's 128 points before the series, is now just one point adrift at 125 with India on 126.
Pakistan, who have played most matches - 29- than any team, stand seventh in the ICC Twenty20 Team Rankings with 107 points.
- Two kids drown in River Chenab08:02 PM | 25 May, 2020
- Predatory cop shoots teen boy dead in Kasur on Eid07:24 PM | 25 May, 2020
- Lahore temperature hits 44°C on second day of Eid07:04 PM | 25 May, 2020
- PML-N’s Nehal Hashmi tests positive for COVID-1906:59 PM | 25 May, 2020
- KP chief secretary tests positive for COVID-1905:40 PM | 25 May, 2020
- How much does Ahmed Shah earn from Fahad Mustafa’s Jeeto Pakistan?08:41 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020