Larkana: Pregnant singer shot dead after she refused to stand while singing
According to a report in Dawn, the singer - Samina Samoon - was in Kanga village for an event where she was singing for her audience. Mid-way through her performance, a man - identified as Tarique Ahmed Jatoi - asked her to stand. When his request was turned down - apparently because Samoon was pregnant, an intoxicated Jatoi allegedly shot her dead.
Although the audience was left stunned, many people came forward to take the 24-year-old to a local hospital where she was declared brought dead. While police officials have arrested Jatoi, Samoon's husband has demanded double murder charges against him for killing his wife and unborn child.
- Five children killed, three injured as roof collapses in Lodhran04:24 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Covid vaccination certificate mandatory for domestic air travel from ...02:54 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Katrina Kaif wins over internet with superb dance moves (VIDEO)02:40 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Hiba Bukhari’s new dance video goes viral02:02 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021