Bilawal Bhutto to offer Eid prayer in Muzaffarabad
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan People’s Party Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari will offer Eid prayer in Muzaffarabad on Monday to express solidarity with the oppressed people of occupied Jammu and Kashmir.
"Eidul Azha serves as a reminder to the Muslims to be ready for offering sacrifice for a cause and also enjoins upon them to remain united and steadfast. Today therefore is a call to the Muslims to sacrifice their ego and work towards attaining unity of purpose and unity of action," the PPP chairman said in his Eid message.
"I greet the Muslims throughout the world in general and of Pakistan in particular on this auspicious occasion", the message read.
"Seldom before the unity of the people of Pakistan had been so gravely undermined as today. There is a pressing need to sacrifice bloated ego and unite the people of for a purpose and a cause that is truly national," it added.
Bilawal also urged people to remember, amidst Eid festivities, those deprived of the most basic needs of life due to poverty and share bounties with them.
The message of Islam is the message of social justice and we have an obligation to our community through which we attain a higher purpose in life, he further said.
- China expresses pleasure over Pakistan’s approval of ML-1 project11:50 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Biden picks Kamala Harris as his 2020 vice presidential running mate11:36 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan strongly condemns anti-Islam Facebook post by Indian ...10:07 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Hafeez quarantined in England for taking photo with 90-year-old lady ...09:10 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020