200 camels die of mysterious disease in Noorpur Thal
Local livestock department said, the animals suffered shivering and bleeding from the nose accompanied by coughing and finally died.
“The villagers and traders have lost more than 200 animals so far”, official said.
“The local people have been asked not to eat meat till the further advisory, a warning alert had also been issued in this regard”, he further explained.
He said that villagers were trying to save the diseased camels through traditional methods and many cases were administering them opium but to no avail.
In Noorpur Thal, a tehsil of Khushab, a camel is used for travelling in desert, fetching water, transporting loads and luggage, ploughing and recreational activities and price of a prized camel runs into Rs150,000 to 200,000.
Local elders asked the Punjab government to take immediate steps to counter this mysterious disease so that to avoid huge loss.
- AirBlue surprises passengers with huge cut in domestic flight fares02:32 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- ‘Marry, divorce, remarry’ – Man weds same woman four times for ...02:20 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- PIA all set to start direct flights from Karachi to Skardu01:57 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Hong Kong bans flights from Pakistan, other countries over fears of ...01:20 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Hiba Bukhari wins hearts by reciting Naat07:23 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat takes a terrible fall during race in Ramadan show ...06:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas appointed goodwill ambassador by Turkey03:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021