Pakistan women golf team leave for Thailand
LAHORE - A two-member ladies golf team, comprising Parkha Ijaz and Aania Farooq, accompanied by a Lady Manager Zeenat Ayesha, left here on Saturday for Thailand to compete in the 27th Singha Thailand Ladies Open Golf Championship.
This Championship is co-hosted by Thailand Ladies Golf Association and Amata Spring Country Club and will be contested over three rounds from 14th May to 16th May, said a spokesman for Pakistan Golf Federation while talking to APP.
"Events include the individual titles and the team titles and while individual titles have three segments, one being the title winner and two more are for those bearing a handicap of 12.9 and below and age 35 and over," he said.
And those having a handicap of 13 to 18 and same age group as the former category. As for team competition, one segment is the Open Championship Team and others are Mid Amateur I and Mid Amateur II. Besides these categories, there is also the Evergreen Category for ladies with a handicap above 18 and age bracket 55 and above.
The Pakistani girls, Parkha Ijaz and Aania Farooq posses amazing golf playing skills as is reflected by the golf handicaps they have earned. After a long time, we have a girl like Parkha who is playing to a handicap of two and Aania who has a handicap of five.
The spokesman said "Over the past few decades, this quality of lady golfers has been missing from our golf scene and it is through the passionate efforts of Lt-Gen (retd) Hilal Hussain, president, Pakistan Golf Federation and Dr Asma Afzal Shami, head of Ladies Golf in Pakistan that such attainments have become possible."
Much is expected from Parkha and Aania, although they will up against some phenomenal talent from counties like Singapore, Malaysia, India, Sri Lanka and the hosts Thailand.
- Predatory cop shoots teen boy dead in Kasur on Eid07:24 PM | 25 May, 2020
- Lahore temperature hits 44°C on second day of Eid07:04 PM | 25 May, 2020
- PML-N’s Nehal Hashmi tests positive for COVID-1906:59 PM | 25 May, 2020
- KP chief secretary tests positive for COVID-1905:40 PM | 25 May, 2020
- 285 stranded Pakistanis return home in two special flights04:42 PM | 25 May, 2020
- How much does Ahmed Shah earn from Fahad Mustafa’s Jeeto Pakistan?08:41 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020