Tezgam train tragedy: Tablighi Ijtima delegation meets Pakistan army chief
"Army Chief offered Fateha for departed souls in tragic Tezgam train incident. Also prayed for early recovery of the injured," the director-general of the Inter-Services Public Relations, Major General Asif Ghafoor, wrote on Twitter.
Notables of Raiwind Tablighi Ijtimaa met COAS. Army Chief offered Fateha for departed souls in tragic Tezgam train incident. Also prayed for early recovery of the injured. pic.twitter.com/jHoqvxlbtk— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) November 11, 2019
Railways officials said some of the Rawalpindi-bound train’s passengers were cooking breakfast around dawn when two of their gas cylinders exploded, sending flames racing through three carriages as the train passed near Rahim Yar Khan's Liaqatpur area.
One of the carriages — Wagon No. 12 — was carrying most people from Mirpurkhas, the town’s deputy commissioner, Attaullah Shah, said. “There was never such a tragic incident to happen to Mirpurkhas.”
The Railways Ministry has suspended six officers for alleged negligence over the tragedy.
- Leonardo DiCaprio’s girlfriend Camila Morrone defends their 23-year ...02:01 PM | 7 Dec, 2019
- Saudi King denounces Florida naval base shooting12:46 PM | 7 Dec, 2019
- Shahida Abbasi from Balochistan bags gold at Asian games03:17 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019