Tezgam train tragedy: Tablighi Ijtima delegation meets Pakistan army chief
"Army Chief offered Fateha for departed souls in tragic Tezgam train incident. Also prayed for early recovery of the injured," the director-general of the Inter-Services Public Relations, Major General Asif Ghafoor, wrote on Twitter.
Notables of Raiwind Tablighi Ijtimaa met COAS. Army Chief offered Fateha for departed souls in tragic Tezgam train incident. Also prayed for early recovery of the injured. pic.twitter.com/jHoqvxlbtk— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) November 11, 2019
Railways officials said some of the Rawalpindi-bound train’s passengers were cooking breakfast around dawn when two of their gas cylinders exploded, sending flames racing through three carriages as the train passed near Rahim Yar Khan's Liaqatpur area.
One of the carriages — Wagon No. 12 — was carrying most people from Mirpurkhas, the town’s deputy commissioner, Attaullah Shah, said. “There was never such a tragic incident to happen to Mirpurkhas.”
The Railways Ministry has suspended six officers for alleged negligence over the tragedy.
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran says 'excellent' CPEC project to be completed at any cost08:21 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Private college teacher arrested for allegedly raping, filming ...08:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan set to get first ever space museum in 8 months07:09 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020