Tezgam train tragedy: Tablighi Ijtima delegation meets Pakistan army chief
"Army Chief offered Fateha for departed souls in tragic Tezgam train incident. Also prayed for early recovery of the injured," the director-general of the Inter-Services Public Relations, Major General Asif Ghafoor, wrote on Twitter.
Notables of Raiwind Tablighi Ijtimaa met COAS. Army Chief offered Fateha for departed souls in tragic Tezgam train incident. Also prayed for early recovery of the injured. pic.twitter.com/jHoqvxlbtk— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) November 11, 2019
Railways officials said some of the Rawalpindi-bound train’s passengers were cooking breakfast around dawn when two of their gas cylinders exploded, sending flames racing through three carriages as the train passed near Rahim Yar Khan's Liaqatpur area.
One of the carriages — Wagon No. 12 — was carrying most people from Mirpurkhas, the town’s deputy commissioner, Attaullah Shah, said. “There was never such a tragic incident to happen to Mirpurkhas.”
The Railways Ministry has suspended six officers for alleged negligence over the tragedy.
- 'A tragedy': For the first time, Rabi Pirzada talks about her leaked ...02:22 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- PM Shehbaz approves early retirement of Lt Gen Faiz Hameed01:53 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Election process and football activities making rapid progress in ...01:29 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Balochistan police arrest PTI Senator Azam Swati over controversial ...12:35 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Shehnaaz Gill shares romantic photos with Vicky Kaushal09:22 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Shah Rukh Khan spotted performing Umrah08:31 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022
- Shehbaz Sharif, Imran Khan, Gen Bajwa named among world’s 500 most ...10:36 PM | 1 Nov, 2022