Nawaz Sharif lends all-out support to Fazlur Rehman as anti-govt march nears
LAHORE - Former prime minister Nawaz Sharif affirmed on Friday that he 'fully supports' Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam-Fazl's (JUI-F) 'Azadi March' against the government.
The former premier appeared before an accountability court in Lahore Chaudhry Sugar Mills case and in an interaction with newsmen said: Our viewpoint is the same as Maulana's viewpoint.
Sharif went a mile more and recalled that Maulana Fazlur Rehman had called for resignations and protest after the 2018 general elections, adding that they [PML-N] convinced him not to take that course.
اگر دنیا میں عزت کمانی ہے تو پہلے اپنے لوگوں کو عزت دینی ہوگی، ووٹ کو عزت دینی ہوگی۔ ہم کل بھی ڈٹے تھے آج بھی ڈٹے ہیں اور آنیوالے کل کو بھی ڈٹے رہیں گے۔ pic.twitter.com/jftDb7sCCp— Hussain Nawaz Sharif (@Hussain_NSharif) October 11, 2019
"I feel [now] that his argument was solid," he said while referring to the resignation calls of JUI-F chief.
Not paying heed to Maulana's call for the march would be a mistake, he warned and said he has already written a letter to his brother Shahbaz Sharif in this regard.
A day earlier, Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz President, Shehbaz Sharif advised his fellows against confrontational politics.
He, however, affirmed that the final decision would be taken by PML-N's supreme leader, Nawaz Sharif.
Maulana Fazlur Rehman's anti-govt 'Azadi March' is set to begin on October 31st and it is still not sure to what extent he would be able to win the support of PML-N and Pakistan Peoples Party.
- Pakistan’s mediation between Iran, Saudi Arabia making progress: PM ...01:51 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- COAS Bajwa interacts with senior serving, retired military officers ...12:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- World Bank announces new Country Director for Pakistan11:51 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- From Acting to ‘Action!’: Saba Qamar to make directorial debut ...05:32 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020