Nawaz Sharif lends all-out support to Fazlur Rehman as anti-govt march nears
LAHORE - Former prime minister Nawaz Sharif affirmed on Friday that he 'fully supports' Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam-Fazl's (JUI-F) 'Azadi March' against the government.
The former premier appeared before an accountability court in Lahore Chaudhry Sugar Mills case and in an interaction with newsmen said: Our viewpoint is the same as Maulana's viewpoint.
Sharif went a mile more and recalled that Maulana Fazlur Rehman had called for resignations and protest after the 2018 general elections, adding that they [PML-N] convinced him not to take that course.
اگر دنیا میں عزت کمانی ہے تو پہلے اپنے لوگوں کو عزت دینی ہوگی، ووٹ کو عزت دینی ہوگی۔ ہم کل بھی ڈٹے تھے آج بھی ڈٹے ہیں اور آنیوالے کل کو بھی ڈٹے رہیں گے۔ pic.twitter.com/jftDb7sCCp— Hussain Nawaz Sharif (@Hussain_NSharif) October 11, 2019
"I feel [now] that his argument was solid," he said while referring to the resignation calls of JUI-F chief.
Not paying heed to Maulana's call for the march would be a mistake, he warned and said he has already written a letter to his brother Shahbaz Sharif in this regard.
Fazlur Rehman delays anti-govt 'Azadi March' 09:09 PM | 9 Oct, 2019
ISLAMABAD - Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) Chairman, Maulana Fazulr Rehman announced on Wednesday that his party's ...
A day earlier, Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz President, Shehbaz Sharif advised his fellows against confrontational politics.
He, however, affirmed that the final decision would be taken by PML-N's supreme leader, Nawaz Sharif.
Maulana Fazlur Rehman's anti-govt 'Azadi March' is set to begin on October 31st and it is still not sure to what extent he would be able to win the support of PML-N and Pakistan Peoples Party.
- A Smartphone that Brings Affordability & Reliability for Everyone – ...10:55 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- PTI rejects Transparency International's 'biased' report about ...07:17 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- UNODC, Interior Ministry launch technical assistance framework07:02 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- UK changes its travel advice to reflect improved security situation ...06:15 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- COAS Bajwa inaugurates Electronic Warfare and Ground Surveillance ...06:06 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- #MeToo: 'Harvey Weinstein raped me', Annabella Sciorra testifies in ...04:08 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy meets Deepika Padukone at World Economic Forum03:29 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- I don’t even think I should be alive: Justin Bieber gives emotional ...02:46 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019