It’s the last day for your SIMs verification!
Today (Sunday) is the last date for the verification of Subscriber Identity Modules (SIMs).
Talking to the journalists, the PTA chairman warned that all non-verified SIMs will be blocked after the deadline of April 12, adding almost 77 million SIMs have already been verified.
12 million SIMs have been blocked so far, he added while asserting that the remaining SIMs amounting to nearly 15 million will be blocked after the deadline is over.
Mentioning a restriction for the foreigners, the PTA chairman remarked all the foreigners may have two SIMs at the maximum, not more.
“The unverified SIMs will be blocked; but, consumers may get those SIMs reopened only after biometric verification,” he clarified.
It should be mentioned here that following massive militant activities including the Peshawar tragedy on December 16 last year that left 150 Army Public School students dead, the government decided to launch rigorous campaign of biometric verification of SIMs to curb the sabotage activities around the country.
- ‘Time to avenge’: PCB chief’s statement echoes Pakistan’s ...06:20 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- First Lady Bushra Bibi's daughter ties the knot in Madinah, couple's ...03:27 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Abrar-ul-Haq and Saba Qamar win hearts with hilarious version of ...12:35 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021