It’s the last day for your SIMs verification!
Today (Sunday) is the last date for the verification of Subscriber Identity Modules (SIMs).
Talking to the journalists, the PTA chairman warned that all non-verified SIMs will be blocked after the deadline of April 12, adding almost 77 million SIMs have already been verified.
12 million SIMs have been blocked so far, he added while asserting that the remaining SIMs amounting to nearly 15 million will be blocked after the deadline is over.
Mentioning a restriction for the foreigners, the PTA chairman remarked all the foreigners may have two SIMs at the maximum, not more.
“The unverified SIMs will be blocked; but, consumers may get those SIMs reopened only after biometric verification,” he clarified.
It should be mentioned here that following massive militant activities including the Peshawar tragedy on December 16 last year that left 150 Army Public School students dead, the government decided to launch rigorous campaign of biometric verification of SIMs to curb the sabotage activities around the country.
- US jury finds ex-cop Derek Chauvin guilty of murder in George Floyd ...03:15 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Ban on TLP will remain intact despite peace deal, says Fawad01:13 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Indian politicians using stray dogs to spread election messages in UP12:49 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM – Trophy unveiled ahead of first T20 clash (VIDEO)11:42 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- PM Imran wishes India’s Manmohan Singh speedy recovery from COVID-1911:00 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Ertugrul star Engin Altan flaunts his surfing skills in new viral ...03:29 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Umer Sharif’s birthday bash hosted by Nida and Yasir02:55 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021