MQM announces to quit Sindh Assembly seats today
The announcement was made by MQM’s Leader of the Opposition in the provincial assembly, Khawaja Izhar-ul-Hassan, on floor of the house today, creating trouble for PPP-led Sindh government.
The decision was taken last night in light of reservations over the ongoing Karachi Operation during a meeting of the party’s elected representatives, which was chaired by via telephone by Altaf Hussain.
He said MQM MPAs would submit their resignation to Speaker Sindh Assembly, Agha Siraj Durrani, in today’s session.
Late on Tuesday, the party announced that its lawmakers would submit their handwritten resignations to Speaker National Assembly, in another major resignation crisis.
Farooq Sattar, the party’s parliamentary leader in National Assembly, has received the resignation letters from all the members.
The MQM has 51 members in the Sindh assembly, 24 members (four reserve seat and one minority seat) in the National Assembly and eight Senators.
On the other hand, Speaker Ayaz Sadiq said, “I will first investigate and if they inform me that their actions are voluntary then I will accept their resignations".
- Nora Fatehi, Jacqueline Fernandez summoned again in money laundering ...11:30 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- PDM announces anti-government protests over rising inflation, poverty10:01 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Hindu extremists force Muslim girl to take off hijab in India (VIDEO)09:36 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup 2021 – Bangladesh opt to field first against Scotland07:52 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Watch: Trailer of ‘The Batman’ is out now07:42 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new dance video goes viral05:43 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Aryan Khan vows to make NCB proud after getting out of jail05:27 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021