Slow progress on NAP affects Zarb-e-Azb: Army chief
A high-level meeting under the chair of Army chief held at the General Headquarters (GHQ) on Friday. Goals of the National Action Plan (NAP) and the decrease in pace towards achieving these goals were discussed during the meeting whereas the impact of this laziness upon the ongoing Operation Zarb-e-Azb were also brought under discussion.
According to the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) department, General Raheel Sharif while addressing the participants of the meeting stated that the NAP was the axis of the goals of the armed forces, further stating that the military had been engaged in battle with the terrorists for a number of years.
General Raheel stated that terrorists were being wiped out of the country but the operation was influenced as a result of the slow pace. COAS said that the statements issued and the theories presented by certain elements were equivalent to tarnishing national efforts against the terrorists.
Army chief said that the benefits of the improved security situation were now being enjoyed by the public, further stating that the security situation of the country improved as a result of the military operation.
Chief of Army Staff stated that the entire nation stood beside the armed forces however harmony was vital in order to make the national response reach its logical end.
Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) Director General (DG) Lieutenant General Rizwan Akhtar, Rawalpindi Corps Commander and other Principal Staff Officers (PSOs) participated in the meeting.
- FM Qureshi arrives in Abu Dhabi, expected to meet his UAE counterpart02:59 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- AirBlue surprises passengers with huge cut in domestic flight fares02:32 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- ‘Marry, divorce, remarry’ – Man weds same woman four times for ...02:20 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- PIA all set to start direct flights from Karachi to Skardu01:57 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman welcomes baby boy01:46 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Hiba Bukhari wins hearts by reciting Naat07:23 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat takes a terrible fall during race in Ramadan show ...06:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021