Aviation authority shares data of crashed flight PK-661’s black box
On December 7, 2016, flight PK-661, carrying 48 passengers and crew, had crashed on the way to Islamabad from Chitral, leaving no survivors.
CAA Secretary Irfan Elahi stated that both engines of the plane were working at "100%" when the jet took off from Chitral, adding that one of the engines was running when the passenger jet crashed.
According to the black box data, no action was taken to land the plane before the crash, he added.
Elahi said investigations are still underway to find out why the plane crashed despite one of its engines still working.
The secretary said that the pilot of the flight made a first call to the control room at 4:12pm, and seemed to be "calm" when he made the call.
But, the pilot issued a May Day call only two minutes later, at 4:14pm stating that one of the engines was not running. The last communication with the pilot was recorded at 4:17pm.
After lapse of 10 to 15 minutes, it was reported that plane had crashed near Abbottabad.
- PTA slaps Jazz with Rs30 million fine over poor network quality11:52 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- One dead, several injured as police baton-charge MQM-P protesters in ...11:23 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Indian-origin Google CEO booked over unauthorised uploading of ...10:51 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- ‘SDG Investment Report 2021’ – FM Qureshi unveils Pakistan’s ...10:21 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Gold price jumps Rs500 per tola in Pakistan09:40 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Rihanna donates $15 million to climate justice04:22 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Atif Aslam praises wife Sara's 'sense of style' for picking his PSL 7 ...08:50 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Feroze Khan gears up for his first English rap single03:26 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021