Aviation authority shares data of crashed flight PK-661’s black box
ISLAMABAD - The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) shared its findings from black box data recovered from Pakistan International Airlines’ (PIA) ill-fated flight PK-661 with the Senate Standing Committee on Rules of Procedures and Privileges
On December 7, 2016, flight PK-661, carrying 48 passengers and crew, had crashed on the way to Islamabad from Chitral, leaving no survivors.
CAA Secretary Irfan Elahi stated that both engines of the plane were working at "100%" when the jet took off from Chitral, adding that one of the engines was running when the passenger jet crashed.
According to the black box data, no action was taken to land the plane before the crash, he added.
Elahi said investigations are still underway to find out why the plane crashed despite one of its engines still working.
The secretary said that the pilot of the flight made a first call to the control room at 4:12pm, and seemed to be "calm" when he made the call.
But, the pilot issued a May Day call only two minutes later, at 4:14pm stating that one of the engines was not running. The last communication with the pilot was recorded at 4:17pm.
After lapse of 10 to 15 minutes, it was reported that plane had crashed near Abbottabad.
- Malik Riaz refutes allegations leveled against him in Uzma Khan ...02:01 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Islamabad makes wearing face masks mandatory in all public places12:31 PM | 31 May, 2020
- NDMA activates another two separate hotlines to counter locust, ...11:27 AM | 31 May, 2020
- At least 7 killed, 30 injured after Multan-bound bus overturns near ...10:31 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020