MQM denies confrontation with Rangers, renews murder charge of party worker
KARACHI (Web Desk) – Top Muttahida Qaumi Movement leader Farooq Sattar on Thursday categorically denied any confrontation with the Rangers after the security force raided the party's headquarters Nine-Zero.
Sharing the details about Wednesday's raid, Sattar said the paramilitary force carried out the operation to arrest notorious criminals but they rounded up at least 110 people and most of them were innocent.
The MQM leader renewed the party's allegation against the Rangers over killing of Waqas Ali Shah, an MQM activist, saying, "We have the evidence to support our claim."
He also appealed to the media to refrain from fabricating the facts and evidence about the incident.
Sattar asked the army chief and director-generals of the Inter-Services Intelligence and Rangers to look into the incident and deliver justice.
The MQM leader however maintained that all the weapons seized in the raid were licenced. “These weapons were kept to protect Nine-Zero from any terrorist attack as per warnings by the security agencies.”
Sattar refuted the claims that Nine-Zero is a "no-go area", and said “no counter firing was done by any person throughout the four-hour raid”.
He emphasized the MQM was the third largest political party of the country and it should be respected. The treatment given to the party in Wednesday’s raid was not justified, complained Sattar.
- realme C25Y makes a comeback on an amazing price of Rs28,99904:35 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- IHC larger bench discharges contempt notice against ex-PM Imran Khan02:15 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Shahnawaz Amir’s remand extended in Sarah Inam murder case01:34 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- CM Pervez Elahi inaugurates Punjab Ehsaas Rashan Riayat Programme12:47 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...11:53 AM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Ali Sethi and Shae Gill take 'Pasoori' to live concert in London07:00 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Naimal Khawar's post workout glow leaves fans stunned09:02 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Hira Mani and Rahim Pardesi's new song 'Mera Naam' is out now08:35 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022