$4 million grant allotted to Pakistani/American doctor for research in heart transplantation
Accompanying Dr. Faisal will be his fellow Dr. Jeffrey A and together their research will help make heart and lung transplant a reality especially for for lung disease and end-stage heart failure.
Brought up in Pakistan's rural Wazirabad, Dr. Cheema spent most of his childhood and youth in Pakistan and now has come back to help his people.
The mission? to make heart transplant a reality in Pakistan with the help of his vital and much needed research. Among his other aims for the future of medicine in Pakistan, he wants to develop a national organ donation and allocation system for the country.
Dr. Cheema moved to the U.S to make himself better in his field at a number of prestigious institutes such as Columbia University, Johns Hopkins University, Loyola University, University of California Berkley, and the University of Maryland.
This is not his first time lending a helping hand to his country as previously, he has collaborated with Pakistani institutions such as Punjab Institute of Cardiology, the Armed Forces Institute of Cardiology, Agha Khan University, National University of Medicine and more.
- Samsung launches SmartThings Find, a new way to quickly locate your ...03:14 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Bakhtawar's fiancé arrives in Karachi tomorrow10:58 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020