Pakistan summons Indian Deputy HC over latest ceasefire violations along LoC
Indian Deputy High Commissioner Gaurav Ahluwalia was summoned again to Foreign Office in Islamabad on Friday, where Director General South Asia Dr Mohammad Faisal lodged a strong protest over the Indian ceasefire violations in Sharda, Nezapir, Satwal and Bagsar Sectors of the LoC.
Due to indiscriminate and unprovoked firing by Indian Army in Sharda Sector, a ten-year-old child Faizan embraced shahadat while sixteen other innocent civilians, including six children and two ladies, sustained serious injuries.
In addition to that, two got injured including a lady in Nezapir, three, including a child and a lady in Satwal Sector, and one other in Bagsar sector in the Indian firing.
The Indian occupation forces along the LoC and Working Boundary have continuously been targeting civilian populated areas with artillery fire, heavy-calibre mortars, and automatic weapons, which still continues.
The deliberate targeting of civilian populated areas is indeed deplorable and contrary to human dignity, international human rights and humanitarian laws.
The Director-General urged the Indian side to respect the 2003 Ceasefire arrangement; investigate these and other incidents of ceasefire violations, instruct the Indian forces to respect the ceasefire in letter and spirit and maintain peace on the LoC and the Working Boundary, the Radio Pakistan reported.
He said the Indian side should permit UNMOGIP to play its mandated role as per the UN Security Council resolutions.
- Matric result 2020 to be announced in Punjab on Sept 19, confirms ...11:59 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Woman gang-raped in presence of husband in Pakistan's village days ...11:19 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nepal to mint coins displaying new political map that shows ...10:42 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- FBR imposes Rs35 million penalty on Justice Isa’s wife for failing ...09:41 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nawaz Sharif accepts Bilawal’s invitation to virtually attend ...09:07 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nida Yasir apologizes after receiving backlash04:20 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- 'The Batman' filming resumes following shutdown over Robert ...02:36 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Aima Baig confirms that she’s dating Shahbaz Shigri02:19 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020