Pakistan summons Indian Deputy HC over latest ceasefire violations along LoC
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan has condemned the latest unprovoked ceasefire violations by Indian troops along the Line of Control (LoC).
Indian Deputy High Commissioner Gaurav Ahluwalia was summoned again to Foreign Office in Islamabad on Friday, where Director General South Asia Dr Mohammad Faisal lodged a strong protest over the Indian ceasefire violations in Sharda, Nezapir, Satwal and Bagsar Sectors of the LoC.
Due to indiscriminate and unprovoked firing by Indian Army in Sharda Sector, a ten-year-old child Faizan embraced shahadat while sixteen other innocent civilians, including six children and two ladies, sustained serious injuries.
Sepoy Naimat Wali martyred, civilians injured in ... 10:00 AM | 10 Oct, 2019
CHIRIKOT – Pakistan Army soldier Naimat Wali on Thursday has embraced martyrdom while two women in Serian Village got ...
In addition to that, two got injured including a lady in Nezapir, three, including a child and a lady in Satwal Sector, and one other in Bagsar sector in the Indian firing.
The Indian occupation forces along the LoC and Working Boundary have continuously been targeting civilian populated areas with artillery fire, heavy-calibre mortars, and automatic weapons, which still continues.
The deliberate targeting of civilian populated areas is indeed deplorable and contrary to human dignity, international human rights and humanitarian laws.
The Director-General urged the Indian side to respect the 2003 Ceasefire arrangement; investigate these and other incidents of ceasefire violations, instruct the Indian forces to respect the ceasefire in letter and spirit and maintain peace on the LoC and the Working Boundary, the Radio Pakistan reported.
He said the Indian side should permit UNMOGIP to play its mandated role as per the UN Security Council resolutions.
- Syed Ali Gilani: India 'conspiring to let Kashmiri leader die' during ...11:54 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- 'Thank You': Afghan minister acknowledges Pakistan's 40 years of ...11:43 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Refugee Conference: UN ready to participate in Afghan reconciliation ...11:30 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- LHC summons DG Rescue-1122 over plea challenging his reappointment10:48 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- UN resolutions on Kashmir need implementation, UNSG Guterres tells ...09:39 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Riz Ahmed to debut play about his 'toxic breakup' with UK12:27 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Shaniera Akram shares her experience of working in debut film11:58 AM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Jaafar Jackson is amazed by Pakistani hospitality during visit11:55 AM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019