Govt to file reference against CEC Sardar Raza for breaching constitution
ISLAMABAD - The federal government has decided to file reference against Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) Sardar Raza Khan.
According to government stance, Sardar Raza is no more eligible for the post of CEC after breaching the constitution after he refuse to take oath from the new members belonging to Sindh and Balochistan.
The federation appointed members of Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) but the CEC has refused to take their oath which is against the constitution.
The government has completed the legal consultation regarding the reference at Supreme Judicial Complex in which the request to sack Sardar Raza will be made.
- FM Qureshi inaugurates new Pakistan embassy building in Doha11:23 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- PSL 2020 – Match 11: Peshawar Zalmi beat Lahore Qalandars by 16 runs11:13 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- At least 30 dead, dozens injured in Rohri train crash11:07 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UN alarmed after ongoing anti-Muslim violence leaves 42 dead in India10:54 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Fracture rules Bismah Maroof out of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 202010:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Canada will no longer pay for Harry and Meghan's security03:56 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Here's what Navin Waqar does to stay fit03:36 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Scientists think they know how stress causes grey hair03:04 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019