Journalism student killed as violent protests erupt in Mardan University over ‘online blasphemy'
Hundreds of students staged protests in the wake of alleged blasphemy committed by Mishal. Initial reports reveal that at least five other students were injured in the clash and so far 10 people have been arrested in connection with the incident.
The university campus has also been shut down for an indefinite period of time.
Detailing the incident, Deputy Inspector General (DIG) of Police Mardan Alam Shinwari said the student was accused of running Facebook pages which allegedly published blasphemous content.
'He was assaulted by a group of students and appears to have succumbed to a gunshot wound', the DIG said.
- How much does Ahmed Shah earn from Fahad Mustafa’s Jeeto Pakistan?08:41 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020