Abdul Quddus Bizenjo becomes new Balochistan CM
The Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid candidate won the election after securing 41 votes against his competitors, to serve the violence-torn province for around 6 months.
A total 54 votes were polled by the lawmakers and Pashtunkhwa Milli Awami Party’s (PkMAP) Agha Syed Liaquat Ali bagged 13 votes.
Another PkMap candidate Abdul Rahim Ziyaratwal, who had filed his nominations, had withdrawn from the race at the last moment.
On the other hand, National Party had neither nominated their candidate nor announced support to any candidate.
Along with his party members, Bizenjo who belongs to Awaran district of Balochistan was being supported by disgruntled members of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz and Jamiat Ulema-s-Islam (F).
He was proposed by Jan Muhammad Jamali, Sardar Bhootani, Dr Ruquyia Saeed Hashmi, Zafarullah Zehri and Ghulam Dastagir Badini, and seconded by Sarfaraz Bugti, Amanullah Notezai, Prince Ahmed Ali, Mir Aamir Khan Rind and Molvi Maazullah.
After the in-house election, the new chief minister will take the oath of his office at 5 pm.
Sanaullah Zehri resigns as Balochistan CM 03:52 PM | 9 Jan, 2018
QUETTA - Nawab Sanaullah Zehri on Tuesday stepped down as Balochistan Chief Minister, a day after Prime Minister Shahid ...
Balochistan has elected the third chief executive in a span of around four and a half years and the latest selection comes on the heels of resignation by Sanauaalah Zehri, who assumed the post in December 2015, however, relinquished the charge owing to a no-trust move tabled against him by disgruntled Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) legislators as well as opposition parties .
From 544 Votes to Provincial Head
Interestingly, Bijenzo made it to the provincial assembly by securing 544 votes of the 57,666 registered votes in 2013 General Elections, with the turnout as low as 1.1percent.
Born in 1974, the Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid first became a lawmaker in 2002 and remained Deputy Speaker from 2013-15.
He has also served as the livestock minister and holds a Masters degree in English from University of Balochistan.
- Lal Masjid cleric Abdul Aziz booked for using TTP's name to threaten ...09:53 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- PM’s aide Shahzad Akbar tests positive for Covid-1909:24 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Pakistani, Canadian FMs discuss Afghanistan in phone call09:10 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Sindh govt to pay for treatment of Pakistan’s second tallest man08:50 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- First fleet of electric buses for Karachi project to reach Pakistan ...08:25 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Pakistani celebs express disappointment after NZ tour called off05:30 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- ‘Dafaa Hojao Tum’ — Resham set to star in Faseeh Bari Khan's ...04:59 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Areeba Habib-starrer ‘Nehar’ to highlight the issue of dowry04:35 PM | 18 Sep, 2021