Nation celebrates Independence Day as Kashmir Solidarity Day today
ISLAMABAD - The Independence Day of Pakistan is being celebrated today (Wednesday) with national zeal, fervour as Kashmir Solidarity Day to express full support to Kashmiri brethren reeling from renewed Indian repression.
The day dawned with special prayers in the mosques after Fajar prayer for peace, progress, and prosperity of the country and liberation of the occupied territories of the Muslims.
Change of guards ceremony held at mausoleum of Quaid-e-Azam
In Karachi, the change of guards ceremony was held at the mausoleum of Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah this morning.
A smartly turned out contingent of the cadets of Pakistan Naval Academy assumed the guard's duties.
Commodore Irfan Taj of Pakistan Navy was the chief guest of the ceremony.
He inspected the guard of honour and presented national salute to the Father of the Nation.
The chief guest also laid floral wreath at the Mazar, offered fateha and recorded his impressions in the visitors' book.
- UBG congratulates Anjum Nisar for becoming president of FPCCI03:44 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HUM Style Awards 2020 nominations are out02:11 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019