Nation celebrates Independence Day as Kashmir Solidarity Day today
ISLAMABAD - The Independence Day of Pakistan is being celebrated today (Wednesday) with national zeal, fervour as Kashmir Solidarity Day to express full support to Kashmiri brethren reeling from renewed Indian repression.
The day dawned with special prayers in the mosques after Fajar prayer for peace, progress, and prosperity of the country and liberation of the occupied territories of the Muslims.
Change of guards ceremony held at mausoleum of Quaid-e-Azam
In Karachi, the change of guards ceremony was held at the mausoleum of Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah this morning.
A smartly turned out contingent of the cadets of Pakistan Naval Academy assumed the guard's duties.
Commodore Irfan Taj of Pakistan Navy was the chief guest of the ceremony.
He inspected the guard of honour and presented national salute to the Father of the Nation.
The chief guest also laid floral wreath at the Mazar, offered fateha and recorded his impressions in the visitors' book.
- Imran Ghazali appointed as head of information ministry’s digital ...11:46 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Afghan President Ghani phones PM Imran, discusses peace talks, ...09:34 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Three arrested in Faisalabad for displaying weapons on social media ...08:19 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Trump gives 45 days to Microsoft for acquiring TikTok07:21 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar Khan blessed with a baby boy12:37 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020