Nation celebrates Independence Day as Kashmir Solidarity Day today
ISLAMABAD - The Independence Day of Pakistan is being celebrated today (Wednesday) with national zeal, fervour as Kashmir Solidarity Day to express full support to Kashmiri brethren reeling from renewed Indian repression.
The day dawned with special prayers in the mosques after Fajar prayer for peace, progress, and prosperity of the country and liberation of the occupied territories of the Muslims.
Change of guards ceremony held at mausoleum of Quaid-e-Azam
In Karachi, the change of guards ceremony was held at the mausoleum of Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah this morning.
A smartly turned out contingent of the cadets of Pakistan Naval Academy assumed the guard's duties.
Commodore Irfan Taj of Pakistan Navy was the chief guest of the ceremony.
He inspected the guard of honour and presented national salute to the Father of the Nation.
The chief guest also laid floral wreath at the Mazar, offered fateha and recorded his impressions in the visitors' book.
- Ali Zafar performs soulful rendition of Allama Iqbal’s 'Lab Pe Aati ...11:38 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- One dead, several injured in California high school shooting11:26 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Sharif family preferred money to Nawaz’s health: Firdous Ashiq Awan10:28 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Armed men placed to protect tomato farms from thieves in Sindh09:32 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Govt removes Dr Saeed Elahi as Chairman Pakistan Red Crescent Society08:29 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Kylie Jenner's alleged stalker sentenced to prison03:31 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas spend whopping $20 million on new home ...03:03 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Saddam Hussain is a real hero: Ahad Raza Mir02:37 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019
- Google releases the list of most popular Pakistani YouTube Ads of 201803:31 PM | 25 Jan, 2019