Islamabad to host first Pak-Bahrain Business Opportunities Conference this year
The conference will focus on investment opportunities in the field of agriculture products, meat, fruits and vegetables, banking, aviation services, jewellery, chemicals, footwear, furniture and textile.
A delegation of Bahrain Government lead by Shaikha Rana bint Daij Al-Khalifia,Assistant Under Secretary for Arab and Afro-Asian Affairs and Organizations Directorate and a member of the Royal family of Bahrain called on Minister for Commerce Khurram Dastgir Khan in Islamabad and discussed the plan to re-engage the two countries into fruitful economic dialogue.
A Commercial Councilor has been appointed and will assume office in the next few weeks. Shaikha Rana informed the meeting that the Economic Development Board of Bahrain will open its office in Karachi soon to keep abreast with the business and investment opportunities appearing in Pakistan.
The meeting also decided to constitute Pakistan-Bahrain Business Council and make the Business Opportunities Conference a permanent feature of economic engagement between the two countries.
Minister for Commerce said that the challenge for two Governments is to establish convenient procedures to facilitate the businessmen in each other countries.
Dr Shaikha Rana informed that Bahraini Foreign Minister and Speaker of the parliament will visit Pakistan in the coming months, which suggest the seriousness and urgency of the Bahraini Government to boost economic ties between the two countries which have huge potential to grow.
Quantum of bilateral trade between the two countries in 2014-15 was US$ 119.16. Pakistan exported US$ 74.92 million worth of items while imports stood at US$ 44.24 million in 2014-15.
- Pakistan’s first class cricketer shot dead for resisting robbery bid11:05 AM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Saad Rizvi placed on ATA’s fourth schedule, assets frozen, ID card ...10:28 AM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-April-18-Updated ...09:46 AM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan records 149 Covid-19 deaths – highest single-day spike ...08:57 AM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 17 April 202108:36 AM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Mustafa Jaane Rehmat – Atif Aslam's naat crosses 1.6 million views ...05:48 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Hira and Mani celebrate 13th wedding anniversary05:41 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021