Peshawar administration takes strong steps to control Ramazan price hike
Almost every evening there are raids in the markets to find out if retailers are overcharging.
“The month is holy, but the way we take advantage of the others’ needs is just sick. On our part we want to make sure that no one is exploited, so we are just carrying out daily check and balance to assure expedient accessibility of commodities to masses,” said Assistant Commissioner Peshawar Mumtaz Ahmad.
The public has expressed great happiness over the measures.
“Buying a kilo of onions makes me feel I am going to buy a diamond ring,” said a citizen sarcastically.
- Pakistan reports 303 fresh covid cases, positivity rate stays below ...09:24 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:04 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 28 November 202108:38 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Barbados all set to remove Queen Elizabeth as head of state next week12:44 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- 10-year-old girl spotted driving car on Faisalabad’s busy road11:02 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Abrar Ul Haq comes under fire for sharing video of young girl making ...07:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza launch their customised fragrance07:00 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Malala Yousafzai’s family celebrates her Oxford graduation04:30 PM | 27 Nov, 2021