Eternal love: Snake-bitten Indian man bites wife to 'die together'
According to reports, Bihar-based Shankar Rai was asleep when a lethal snake bit him. Upon waking up, he found his condition deteriorating.
The emotionally charged Rai then turned to his wife Amiri Devi and bit her hands saying that he loved her very much and wanted to depart this world together.
The couple was rushed to a local hospital where Shankar died soon but the doctors managed to save Amiri, who also fell unconscious.
"The woman could be saved as her treatment began on time. She is safe now," a local medical practitioner Dr Jaykant told the local media.
Amiri Devi while revealing the horrific episode told newsmen that her husband dug his teeth into her wrist as he wished to die together and also wanted to remain united even in the afterlife.
"He told me he loved me too much and want to die together before grabbing my wrist and sinking his teeth into it. I allowed him to do so," the widow added.
- US train riders ‘held up phones as woman was raped’, could face ...01:45 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Here’s how Pakistan Navy detected and blocked Indian submarine from ...01:20 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Drone flies lungs between two hospitals for transplant patient in ...12:55 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Afghan Taliban start building their own air force12:35 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- T-20 World Cup: Scotland beat Papua New Guinea by 17 runs12:13 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Kumail Nanjiani dressed up in a Pakistani designer at Eternals ...02:00 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new fashion look gets trolled by netizens05:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Alka Yagnik has the sweetest birthday wish for Imran Abbas05:10 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021