Japan provides $4 mln more anti-COVID assistance to Pakistan
ISLAMABAD - The Government of Japan has decided to provide the fifth cache of assistance worth USD 4,000,320 to the Government of Pakistan through the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) to support its efforts in combating the COVID-19 pandemic.
Prior to this grant assistance, the Japanese government had provided total assistance of USD 3,410,000 to Pakistan through UNICEF, IOM, IFRC, and UNHCR for similar support said a press release.
Through this grant assistance, the UNOPS will provide necessary technical assistance and equipment to prevent the spread of COVID-19 by considering the situation on the ground as well as the request is received from the host government.
This support will boost Pakistan’s capacity to quickly track the coronavirus affected persons and treat them accordingly, which will help in reducing and delaying the local transmission of it.
Ambassador of Japan to Pakistan MATSUDA Kuninori, while appreciating the tremendous efforts of the Government of Pakistan in its fight against COVID-19 stated that the latest assistance by the Government of Japan would support Pakistan’s efforts towards defeating this lethal virus pandemic.
The ambassador stressed the need for taking more collective measures by the international community to fight out this disease.
He said the Japanese government would continue to provide its support to Pakistan not only in its efforts to fight against COVID-19 but also in other matters related to Japan-Pakistan socio-economic cooperation.
- Trump offers to mediate standoff between China, India09:45 PM | 27 May, 2020
- India may lose T20 World Cup 2021 hosting rights over tax issues08:51 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Petrol prices likely to go down by Rs5-10 in Pakistan07:33 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Pakistan Army shoots down Indian spy drone along LoC06:42 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Probe demanded into killing of CSP officer Zubaidullah06:30 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Anoushey receives Eid wishes from 'Ertugrul' – VIDEO04:35 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Nadia Jamil’s best friend goes bald to support her03:55 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Asim Azhar releases his version of Bollywood song Humraah02:34 PM | 27 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020