COAS, Bill Gates discuss Pakistan's Covid-19 response, resumption of Polio campaigns
RAWALPINDI - Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa and Co-chair of the Bill and Melinda foundation Bill Gates has discussed Pakistan's Covid-19 response and resumption of Polio eradication campaign today (Saturday).
During a telephonic conversation with Bill Gates, the COAD stated that success against Covid-19 pandemic has been achieved due to a true national response executed through the mechanism of National Coordination Committee which allowed optimisation of resources.
...national #polio drive, ensuring proper reach and coverage. #COAS said it was a national cause and national effort for a polio free Pakistan. Credit goes to grassroots workers including mobile teams, Law Enforcement Agencies and healthcare representatives (2/4)— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) August 15, 2020
Bill Gates appreciated Pakistan Army for supporting government efforts to contain Coronavirus pandemic and Pakistan's success against Covid-19 despite resource constraint and discussed the safe start of Polio eradication campaign and efforts needed for this purpose.
Bill Gates reiterated his foundation's commitment to support to Pakistan in its goals of ending Polio.
- Two terrorists killed in Balochistan operation: ISPR11:22 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan sharply rejects India’s ‘irresponsible remarks’ about ...10:35 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Faisalabad locals find unexploded bomb might have been dropped during ...10:24 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Coronavirus — Pakistan PM Imran seeks more debt relief from G-20 ...09:07 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Jennifer Aniston reveals that she almost quit Hollywood04:48 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- The Boys – A massive Amazon hit all set to have a spin-off04:19 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Ahad Raza Mir turns 27, receives heartwarming birthday wishes from ...03:57 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020