Pakistani origin policeman saves suicidal man’s life in Hong Kong through Urdu
Zaffar climbed up the 65ft crane and exchanged words with the man, after which he agreed to come down and was taken to a hospital.
The 20-years-old Zaffar talked to a leading daily after his dramatic entry and highlighted his medium of communication, the reason behind his accomplishment.
"I used the techniques we learned at the academy … I think he felt safer knowing that I could talk to him in his own language," he said.
Zaffar joined junior police cell two years ago and expressed that it was his childhood dream to be a policemen despite the fact that his family was not very confident regarding his decision.
Soon after the policeman managed to handle the situation with rationality, social media buffs lauded his valour.
Some dubbed him handsome while many others termed him an example for aspiring police officers.
- ‘Three Brothers-2021’: Two-week long trilateral military drill ...10:24 AM | 23 Sep, 2021
- FIA lodges case over threatening email sent to NZ team09:54 AM | 23 Sep, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:29 AM | 23 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan reports 58 new deaths, 2,357 fresh Covid cases in 24 hours09:08 AM | 23 Sep, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 23 September 202108:43 AM | 23 Sep, 2021
- Aamina Sheikh and husband Omar Farooqui welcome a baby boy06:20 PM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Hania Amir and Ali Rehman Khan's video of jamming together wins hearts05:00 PM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Is Sarah Khan expecting a baby girl?04:47 PM | 22 Sep, 2021