Gaza killings: Turkey invites Pakistan to extraordinary OIC summit
The meeting will take place on May 18, government spokesman and Deputy Prime Minister Bekir Bozdag announced.
Ankara has reacted with fury to the killing of at least 61 Palestinians in Gaza on the same day as the US formally moved its embassy in Israel to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv in defiance of international outrage.
At least 61 killed by Israeli forces in Gaza ... 08:15 AM | 15 May, 2018
GAZA CITY - At least 61 people have been killed by the Israeli military and more than 2,700 injured along the Gaza ...
"Islamic countries should without fail review their relations with Israel," Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim told his ruling party in parliament.
"The Islamic world should move as one, with one voice, against this massacre," he added.
Turkey expels Israeli envoy over Gaza massacre 08:58 PM | 15 May, 2018
ISTANBUL - Turkey has told Israel's ambassador to Ankara to leave the country over the killing of dozens of Palestinian ...
During a telephonic call, the Turkish leader extended invitation to Pakistan’s Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi for participation in the extraordinary session of the OIC.
Serving as the OIC president, Turkey convened in December 2017 the countries of the organization to coordinate a response to the transfer of the American embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, in violation of the United Nations resolutions on the status of the city.
OIC Summit: Muslim leaders reject Trump, call for ... 07:16 PM | 13 Dec, 2017
ISTANBUL - Leaders of Islamic countries have called for East Jerusalem to be recognized as the capital of Palestine, ...
East Jerusalem is considered occupied Palestinian territory under international law.
The Organization for Islamic Cooperation is the second largest intergovernmental platform in the world, following the United Nations, and has 57 member states in four continents. Its objective is to safeguard the interests of the Muslim world by promoting peace and international harmony among different peoples of the world.
- PDM may postpone rallies if PM Imran telephones Nawaz, Zardari12:11 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- PM Imran woos back Chaudhry brothers during Lahore visit11:42 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Pakistan 'should shake hands' with Israel, Mubashir Lucman tells ...11:31 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Marriyum Aurangzeb ditches crazy fan wanting a selfie (VIDEO)10:25 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Fashion Pakistan Week postponed over Covid-19 fears07:19 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Rabab Hashim ties the knot (See Mehndi & Maiyon Pics)05:08 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Alamgir gets a new kidney after 13 years of waiting (VIDEO)05:00 PM | 25 Nov, 2020