Gaza killings: Turkey invites Pakistan to extraordinary OIC summit
ANKARA/ISLAMABAD - Turkey on Tuesday urged Islamic countries to review their ties with Israel and said it would call an extraordinary summit of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) after the illegal state forces massacred dozens of Palestinians during protests in Gaza on Monday.
The meeting will take place on May 18, government spokesman and Deputy Prime Minister Bekir Bozdag announced.
Ankara has reacted with fury to the killing of at least 61 Palestinians in Gaza on the same day as the US formally moved its embassy in Israel to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv in defiance of international outrage.
At least 61 killed by Israeli forces in Gaza ... 08:15 AM | 15 May, 2018
GAZA CITY - At least 61 people have been killed by the Israeli military and more than 2,700 injured along the Gaza ...
"Islamic countries should without fail review their relations with Israel," Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim told his ruling party in parliament.
"The Islamic world should move as one, with one voice, against this massacre," he added.
Turkey expels Israeli envoy over Gaza massacre 08:58 PM | 15 May, 2018
ISTANBUL - Turkey has told Israel's ambassador to Ankara to leave the country over the killing of dozens of Palestinian ...
During a telephonic call, the Turkish leader extended invitation to Pakistan’s Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi for participation in the extraordinary session of the OIC.
Serving as the OIC president, Turkey convened in December 2017 the countries of the organization to coordinate a response to the transfer of the American embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, in violation of the United Nations resolutions on the status of the city.
OIC Summit: Muslim leaders reject Trump, call for ... 07:16 PM | 13 Dec, 2017
ISTANBUL - Leaders of Islamic countries have called for East Jerusalem to be recognized as the capital of Palestine, ...
East Jerusalem is considered occupied Palestinian territory under international law.
The Organization for Islamic Cooperation is the second largest intergovernmental platform in the world, following the United Nations, and has 57 member states in four continents. Its objective is to safeguard the interests of the Muslim world by promoting peace and international harmony among different peoples of the world.
- Foodpanda Pakistan provides monetary assistance to their heroes ...10:32 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- OPPO donates Rs6.2 million for Prime Minister COVID-19 Relief Fund10:11 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Coronavirus: Over half a million applied to join Tiger force in just ...07:12 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- The World of Future Technology07:04 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Coronavirus: China mourns COVID-19 victims06:29 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Has Junoon's Salman Ahmad infected by COVID-19?03:54 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Jennifer Aniston hasn’t found self-isolating difficult, here's why03:48 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Money Heist Season 4 is out and the fans can't be happier!03:41 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 Google searches in Pakistan for 201906:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019