Gaza killings: Turkey invites Pakistan to extraordinary OIC summit
ANKARA/ISLAMABAD - Turkey on Tuesday urged Islamic countries to review their ties with Israel and said it would call an extraordinary summit of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) after the illegal state forces massacred dozens of Palestinians during protests in Gaza on Monday.
The meeting will take place on May 18, government spokesman and Deputy Prime Minister Bekir Bozdag announced.
Ankara has reacted with fury to the killing of at least 61 Palestinians in Gaza on the same day as the US formally moved its embassy in Israel to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv in defiance of international outrage.
At least 61 killed by Israeli forces in Gaza ... 08:15 AM | 15 May, 2018
GAZA CITY - At least 61 people have been killed by the Israeli military and more than 2,700 injured along the Gaza ...
"Islamic countries should without fail review their relations with Israel ," Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim told his ruling party in parliament.
"The Islamic world should move as one, with one voice, against this massacre," he added.
Turkey expels Israeli envoy over Gaza massacre 08:58 PM | 15 May, 2018
ISTANBUL - Turkey has told Israel's ambassador to Ankara to leave the country over the killing of dozens of Palestinian ...
During a telephonic call, the Turkish leader extended invitation to Pakistan’s Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi for participation in the extraordinary session of the OIC .
Serving as the OIC president, Turkey convened in December 2017 the countries of the organization to coordinate a response to the transfer of the American embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, in violation of the United Nations resolutions on the status of the city.
OIC Summit: Muslim leaders reject Trump, call for ... 07:16 PM | 13 Dec, 2017
ISTANBUL - Leaders of Islamic countries have called for East Jerusalem to be recognized as the capital of Palestine, ...
East Jerusalem is considered occupied Palestinian territory under international law.
The Organization for Islamic Cooperation is the second largest intergovernmental platform in the world, following the United Nations, and has 57 member states in four continents. Its objective is to safeguard the interests of the Muslim world by promoting peace and international harmony among different peoples of the world.
- Pakistan Navy ships MOAWIN, ASLAT visit Port Victoria11:25 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Over 5,000 prisoners suffering from HIV/AIDS, fatal diseases in ...10:27 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Kamyab Jawan Programme: PM Imran likely to distribute loan cheques in ...08:26 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Father, son die as vehicle falls into sea in Karachi07:49 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan, Malaysia face identical problems, says PM Imran06:58 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019