Pak Army broke terrorists' back, says PM Abbasi on 3rd anniversary of APS attack
In his message on the third anniversary of terrorist attack on Army Public School Peshawar, the premier expressed that Dec 16, 2014, will be remembered as a black day in the history of the world when inhumane terrorists attacked innocent children.
He said that the sacrifices rendered by the Pakistani nation were unmatched in the face of militancy.
"The nation gave the sacrifice of life and property in the war against terrorism," stated the premier and added that the extremism was the tree from which the poisonous fruit of terrorism grows.
Abbasi declared that the nation got together to take action against terrorism and it salutes its martyrs who laid down their lives.
On December 16, 2014, terrorists stormed the army-run school and killed around 149 people, including more than 130 young students.
The incident sent shock waves across the country and resulted in the formation of a National Action Plan to weed out extremism and terrorism from the country, as well as the creation of military courts to try 'hardcore' terrorists.
Political Figures Mourn APS Attack
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf Chairman Imran Khan and Pakistan Peoples Party chief Bilawal Bhutto Zardari also paid homage to the young martyrs of APS attack through the microblogging site.
Today as we remember with sorrow the devastating terrorist attack on APS Peshawar that martyred our precious innocent children & their teachers, we must ensure this can never happen again so our future generations can be nurtured safely to follow their dreams— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) December 16, 2017
3 years after the #APS tragedy we continue to fail the victims. Failed to conduct the judicial inquiry their families demanded. Failed to implement #NAP. Failed to insure such an incident would never happen again, not on our watch. We can do better. A #PPP govt will.— BilawalBhuttoZardari (@BBhuttoZardari) December 16, 2017
- Pakistan hopeful India will ‘act fairly’ as head of UNSC11:44 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Balloon with Quaid-e-Azam’s pictures panics Indian officials in ...11:17 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Arab Parliament speaker arrives in Pakistan on first visit to boost ...10:09 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Three women’s seats add to PTI’s strength in AJK assembly09:10 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- PAKvWI: West Indies win toss, opt to bat first in 3rd T20 against ...08:20 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Mustafa Qureshi, wife Rubina Qureshi test positive for coronavirus04:47 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Alizeh Shah’s flying kiss video in bold dress goes viral04:21 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Katrina Kaif wins over internet with superb dance moves (VIDEO)02:40 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021