President Mamnoon Hussain gets driving licence ‘like any other ordinary citizen’
Even as the president was issued a token, 0441, and went through the procedure required for getting the driving licence like a common citizen, the only protocol he received was Islamabad IGP Tariq Masood Yasin and SSP Malik Matloob Ahmed waiting there to receive him.
As his previous licence from Karachi had expired, Manoon’s licence was renewed from Islamabad. As per the law, the ITP renewed the licence after an NOC was issued by the Karachi Traffic Police that there were no pending tickets or challans against him.
Now the president, 76, can now drive freely in Islamabad, without any fear of getting a ticket.-Agencies
- Ace Junior League inaugural match tees off today04:26 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- ‘Khalistan-Pakistan Zindabad’ slogans in Aam Admi Party ...04:03 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan issues fresh travel advisory for domestic, international ...03:22 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- SBA, Korean Consul-General focuses on Sharjah’s ‘Guest of ...03:00 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Inside Ali Fazal and Richa Chadha’s vibrant Mehandi, Sangeet ...11:28 AM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Did Feroze Khan refuse to pay Rs200,000 child support to ex-wife?11:05 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Bollywood actress Rani Mukerji set to release her autobiography04:48 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022