Selfie craze kills father, daughter in Swat
The incident took place in Bahrain, Swat where the father and daughter had come for a visit.
The girl, identified as 17-year-old Areesh, slipped while taking a selfie and fell into the river.
Looking at the drowning daughter, father Najeeb Shuja also jumped into the river to rescue her but swept away with the flow of water.
Locals started searching for the dead bodies.
The father’s dead body was recovered from the river by the local youth near gurleen stop while the girl’s dead body was also found later.
The dead bodies were shifted to hospital from where they will be taken to Karachi.
Meanwhile, a girl fell into river Kabul at Sorhi Khel point while taking selfie on Sunday Morning.
Rescue 1122 team has reached at the site of incident and started rescue and search operation.
Currently, Rescue 1122 teams carried out rescue and search operation for three days at three locations of Kherabad, Jhangera and Sorhi khel to trace six people who were drowned in two different incidents.
Rescue 1122 team Peshawar, Nowshera and Mardan took part in these operations.
- Key officials from Russia, Britain meet Pakistan's army chief07:19 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- 22-year-old Samina dies in Lahore’s hospital after protesting ...06:41 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Mere Paas Tum Ho scores more IMDB rating than Game of Thrones02:23 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019