KARACHI: DIG east also removed after Khawaja Izhar’s arrest
The IG police sacked the Deputy Inspector General (DIG) East Kamran Fazal and sent his case back to Federal government for future posting.
The move comes shortly after Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah directed the IG Sindh to suspend SSP Malir Rao Anwar, who headed the police squad that raided Khawaja Izhar’s residence, without calling for prior permission from the Speaker of the Provincial Assembly.
Earlier, Rao Anwar-led police party arrived at the residence of Khawaja Izhar, who is also an opposition leader in the Sindh Assembly, and held him.
- Pakistan among top 10 worst-affected countries on Global Terrorism ...12:05 AM | 5 Dec, 2020
- China becomes world's second nation to plant flag on Moon11:37 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Rahim Pardesi introduces both his wives to the world for the first ...10:46 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- ‘Kiss of death’: COVID-19 positive officer takes revenge on KMC ...10:17 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- realme and Daraz gear up for another Sale Daraz 12 1209:59 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Court trashes Mubashir Lucman’s petition against TikTok stars ...12:11 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Who's this girl Shahveer Jafry 'getting engaged to'?11:55 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Aseefa Bhutto's 'great debut' reminds Pakistan of Benazir08:46 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020