MQM’s Khawaja Izhar set free
He was picked up from his house in the city.
Additional IG Mushtaq Mehr confirmed the release of Khawaja Izhar.
According to details, Izhar, who is also the Leader of Opposition in Sindh Assembly, was taken to the office of police chief and then released.
“Khawaja Izhar has already left for his home,” Mehr added.
The MQM leader was caught during a spectacular raid led by Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Malir Rao Anwar without taking his top officials into confidence.
The Sindh government condemned Izhar’s arrest, indicating that the opposition leader cannot be held without seeking permission from the provincial assembly’s speaker.
Taking notice, Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah asked IGP Sindh to release the opposition leader and also ordered the suspension of Rao Anwar.
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif called Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah and discussed the arrest of MQM leader Khawaja Izhar ul Hassan in Karachi.
Prime Minister Sharif reportedly voiced his anger at the manner of Khawaja Izhar’s arrest by the police.
- PDM may postpone rallies if PM Imran telephones Nawaz, Zardari12:11 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- PM Imran woos back Chaudhry brothers during Lahore visit11:42 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Pakistan 'should shake hands' with Israel, Mubashir Lucman tells ...11:31 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Marriyum Aurangzeb ditches crazy fan wanting a selfie (VIDEO)10:25 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Fashion Pakistan Week postponed over Covid-19 fears07:19 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Rabab Hashim ties the knot (See Mehndi & Maiyon Pics)05:08 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Alamgir gets a new kidney after 13 years of waiting (VIDEO)05:00 PM | 25 Nov, 2020