NAB recovers Rs326bn from corrupts
Chairing a meeting to review the overall performance of NAB here Saturday, he said the anti-graft watchdog has devised a three-pronged anti-corruption strategy of awareness, prevention and enforcement which is yielding excellent dividends, said a press release.
He said since inception, NAB has received about 1,56,858 complaints from individuals, private/public organizations, filed 1,249 corruption references in respective Accountability Courts and recovered Rs 326 billion.
The number of complaints, inquiries and investigations were almost double as compared to the same period of 2018 to 2019. He said that prime focus of NAB was on cases of cheating public at large by fraudulent financial companies, money laundering, bank frauds, willful bank loan defaults, misuse of authority and embezzlement of state funds by government servants etc. NAB has recovered Rs30 billion in the last 19 months. He said that NAB has established Forensic Science Lab, having facilities of digital forensics, questioned documents and fingerprint analysis.
Justice Javed Iqbal Chairman NAB said that NAB has prescribed 10 months time for disposal cases which comprises of two months for complaint verification, four months for inquiry and four months for investigation.
- Realme “RACE” coming up with powerful, fast speed Qualcomm ...02:03 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- What happened in the night when the young man married a 20-year-old ...12:46 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Eighth Pakistani player tests positive for coronavirus, confirms PCB11:33 AM | 2 Dec, 2020
- 40pc Pakistanis 'unhappy' with PM Imran’s current performance: ...10:53 AM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Punjab records highest single-day COVID-19 deaths on December 110:14 AM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020