Pakistan seeks UN-backed inquiry into Kashmir killings
In a meeting with the Chef de Cabinet of UN Secretary General Edmond Mullet, Pakistan’s envoy to the UN Maleeha Lodhi termed the situation in occupied Kashmir as a grave threat to peace and security.
Meanwhile, in an interview, Maleeha Lodhi said Pakistan firmly raising the grave human rights violations in Occupied Kashmir at international level.
She said Pakistan is urging the world community to play its role for earliest resolution of the Kashmir issue in line with the wishes of the Kashmiri people and the UN resolutions.
She said under the direction of the Prime Minister, the international community at the United Nations is being kept abreast with the latest situation in the Indian-held Kashmir.
Maleeha Lodhi said the recent wave of suppression and aggression by the Indian occupational forces in Kashmir valley is an illegitimate attempt to quell Kashmiris' right to self-determination.
She said despite the Indian atrocities the Kashmiri people are determined to continue their struggle for freedom.
Maleeha Lodhi said implementation of the UN resolutions is the only way to solve the long-standing issue.
- Pakistan condemns terrorist attack on educational institution in Kabul07:29 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Meta invites Pakistan to marketing summit 202207:19 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- PAKvENG: Pakistan bat first against England in 6th T20I07:00 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- PITB signs agreement with UBL as Partner/Settlement bank to ...06:45 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Mohammad Haris set for T20I debut in 6th match against England today06:15 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- TikTok star Alishbah Anjum flaunts a dazzling transformation in new ...04:47 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Saba Qamar sets temperature soaring with new sizzling photos04:20 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Ranveer Singh shuts down separation rumours with Deepika Padukone03:53 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022