Afghan forces violate Torkham border agreement again. How come?
According to an official statement, the injured personnel belonged to the Frontier Corps (FC). They were shifted to a nearby hospital for treatment.
Pakistani forces also responded to the Afghan violation effectively and befittingly, it said.
Meanwhile, Afghan Ambassador to Pakistan Dr Omar Zakhilwal has denied the reports of any understanding with Pakistani Army Chief General Raheel Sharif on the construction of a gate at Torkham border.
In a Facebook post, he, however, confirmed that he had called for an immediate ceasefire and the diffusion of tensions with Pakistan through a withdrawal of forces on the both sides of the border.
On the other hand, Prime Minister’s Special Adviser on Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz has said that border fencing will be completed at any cost and that border management was aimed at stopping the infiltration of terrorists into Pakistan.
In a policy statement in the Senate, he said the border management is significant for both Pakistan and Afghanistan equally.
He told the Upper House that he has invited the Afghan National Security adviser and Foreign Minister to visit Pakistan as soon as possible so that the prevailing tensions could be addressed.
- US Ambassador Donald Blome attends flag-lowering ceremony at Wagah ...02:05 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- JS Bank holds medical camps and food distribution in flood affected ...01:32 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- ‘We just have to play with it’: Imran Khan’s audio leak about ...01:03 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan PM Shehbaz, Army Chief felicitates Saudi crown prince on ...11:51 AM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Anil Kapoor sends birthday wishes to Pakistani fashion designer08:52 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Malala 'so grateful' to husband for holding her hand and awards09:15 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Hrithik Roshan and Saif Ali Khan groove to 'Alcoholiya'11:32 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022