Media help needed to weed out terrorism: Shahbaz
Speaking at a media training workshop organised by Council of Pakistan Newspaper Editors (CPNE) and UNDP at Arfa Karim Tower here, he said those dreaming of projecting Pakistan as a failed state had to eat dust as the country was on track to achieve great economic successes in near future.
Commenting on freedom of the media in Pakistan, CM Shahbaz said nobody presented this freedom but the media industry of the country achieved it by its own ability.
He said that local government elections were necessary for the devolution of power to the grass root level.
The chief minister, on the occasion, announced Rs25 million grant for the CPNE.
CPNE President Mujeebur Rehman Shami, Chairman Punjab Higher Education Commission Dr Nizamud Din, senior journalist Sohail Warraich and Lahore Press Club President Arshad Ansari among others were present.
- Pakistan’s top military commander visits Sialkot, Kotli to witness ...04:00 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Top Pakistani envoy congratulates Sweden on national day03:40 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- PM Imran calls on the world to crack down on online extremism03:20 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Chinese woman breaks own Guinness world record for the longest ...02:58 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- WATCH - US diver survives being swallowed alive by a humpback whale02:37 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Why Aishwarya Rai refused to work in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai?01:52 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Sajal Aly to feature in Atif Aslam's new music video02:50 AM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Minal Khan, Ahsan Mohsin look fabulous at ‘official’ engagement ...12:46 AM | 12 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021